I am an information security professional with a Network Security Administration degree. I became interested in computer networking out of necessity during my childhood because I would host weekend-long LAN parties, but it wasn’t until I came across podcasts like ‘Darknet Diaries’ and shows like ‘Mr. Robot’ that I discovered my passion for cybersecurity. This led me to go back to school and begin a new career. Now I have almost 3 years of experience as a system administrator as well as a decade previously in sales. I possess a diverse skill set that includes expertise in network infrastructure, disaster recovery planning, and technical support. I am committed to using my knowledge and skills to contribute to a challenging and rewarding position in the field of information security.
System Administrator, Polytech Industries, 2021-2023
- Manage all aspects of the company’s IT systems, including servers, networks, workstations, and software.
- Implement and maintain security measures to protect the company’s data and networks.
- Provide technical support to employees and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Design and implement disaster recovery and business continuity plans to minimize downtime and ensure data availability.
System Sales, Micro Center, 2018-2020
- Provided technical expertise and customer service to help customers find and purchase the right technology products for their needs.
- Dell Product Champion and Business Sales Expert
Network Infrastructure Overhaul, 2021
- Oversaw a complete overhaul of the company’s network and infrastructure, including upgrading hardware and software, implementing new security measures, and optimizing network performance.
- Technologies used: Sonicwall, Windows Server, Proxmox, Docker, HyperV, Cisco, Cable Planting, NIST SP 800-41, Kali Linux
- Results: Segmented network with appropriate zones and logging for all network activities while adhering to the principle of least privelege.
Backup and Disaster Recovery Plan, 2022
- Designed and implemented a comprehensive backup and disaster recovery plan to ensure data availability and minimize downtime in the event of a disaster.
- Technologies used: Linux, Docker, Windows Server, HyperV, Synology, AWS Storage, NIST SP 800-34
- Results: Network-wide, versioned, on-site redudant backups with encrypted and immutable off-site disaster recovery hosted by AWS.
- Network Security Administration A.A.S., Oakton College, May 2023
- Linux, Windows Server, and MacOS power user.
- Proxmox, HyperV and VMWare as well as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Custom tools with Python & Docker containters.
- Ansible for automated management of Linux clusters.
- Network penetration testing and threat mapping with Kali Linux.